About the course
BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care lays a foundation for students who want to work in the Health and Social care industry. The course is popular and effective because it allows learners to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop skills that are essential for the modern day workplace. Skills include team-working; working from a prescribed brief; working to deadlines and presenting information effectively.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course aims to provide learners with the opportunity to apply knowledge, skills and understanding in work-related contexts:
- To be able to link education and the work of work in practical ways, whilst enhancing their English, mathematical and ICT competence in relevant applied scenarios.
- To support learners’ development of interpersonal skills, such as working with others, problem solving, independent study and personal learning and thinking skills.
- To provide learners with a route through education that has clear progression pathways into higher education or employment.
BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care students are provided with an overview of the sector. It is ideal for any individuals who wish to pursue a career in any area of Health and Social Care such as working with the young or elderly; nursing or midwifery. It will also equip you with a range of skills that are required in a variety of jobs.
The course underpins the knowledge of working in the Health and Social Care sector, enabling learners to gain and develop skills such as observation, assessment skills and reflective skills, which are held in high esteem by employers and higher education institutions.
Why Grace Academy?
The course was set up in 2015. Students and staff have the passion and links to ensure a variety of teaching and learning experiences are completed in order to fulfil the needs and requirements of the course.
- Unit 1 = Human Lifespan Development this is assessed externally
- Unit 2 = Working in Health and Social Care– this is assessed externally
- Unit 6 = Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs Settings – assessed internally
- + 1 Optional unit to be chosen.