What is it about?
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business is an Applied General qualification. It is for post-16 learners who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment in the business sector.
The qualification is equivalent in size to one A Level and aims to provide a coherent introduction to study of the business sector.
What will I be studying?
The learning programme covers the following content areas:-
• business environments
The optional units have been designed to support choices in progression to business courses in higher education and to link with relevant occupational areas:-
• human resources
What skills will I learn?
• Cognitive and problem-solving skills: use critical thinking, approach non-routine problems applying expert and creative solutions, use systems and technology.
• Intrapersonal skills: communicating, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-presentation.
• Interpersonal skills: self-management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and development.
How will I be assessed?
- Unit 1 Exploring Business – Internally assessed 3 assignments
- Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign – Externally 3 hour controlled conditions assignment based on exam board brief
- Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance – Externally assess exam
- Unit 14 Investigating Customer Service – Internally assessed 2 assignments
Where might it lead me?
The qualification can also support progression to employment directly, or via an Apprenticeship. It will equip you with knowledge a skills to go into employment in a wide range of business context. The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements for many courses if taken alongside other qualifications as part of a two year programme of learning. It will support entry to many higher education courses, depending on the other qualifications you have taken.
Who can I ask for more information about this subject?
Where can find more information about BTEC Level 3 Business?
Are there any specific subject requirements?
In line with Academy expectations.